Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day cards

Once again, I have eschewed the store-bought cards in favor of homemade ones because, you know, none of the ones in the store really get what's in my head on the page (or cardstock, as the case may be). Anyway, there's no loving rendition of Mothra this time, but I hope there is much else to recommend these Father's Day cards.

This one is for my dad:


I call my dad "poppy" all the time, mostly just because I like the sound of it, so this is not as much of a stretch as it may appear at first glance.


This one is for my wife's dad, and it somewhat demonstrates why I do not often draw in a traditional superheroic style. I only flatter myself when I compare it to the charming awkwardness of early Ben Edlund Tick art.



I believe it's actually "zephyr winds," but I've always heard Alison's dad say "nether winds," and the card is for him. This card is a travesty to Isis purists.

Sorry for the delay in posting lately, but the great Batman countdown of 2009 resumes tomorrow with the third-place movie.