Sunday, November 1, 2009

This (Was) Halloween

Another Halloween has come and gone. I'm a little sad; Halloween is like my Christmas - my favorite holiday, and I'm sad to see those Halloween supply stores that pop up every October go back to being empty out-of-business big-box stores, like zombies returning to the grave. To commemorate the occasion, I have written a grim little post about Friday the 13th and Jason Voorhees over at MGK's House of Pop Culture Pain. In a livelier spirit (pun?), here is me at Halloween:


Spent Halloween at friends' house, where I assisted in the passing out of candy. In truth, I didn't so much "pass out candy" as "lurk about the front yard beckoning at passersby and trying to unnerve small children." Look, I'm not a bad guy, this is the whole point of Halloween.

Afterwords: bars. It was not the first time I have sung the DiVinyls' "I Touch Myself" at karaoke, but it is the first time I have done it dressed as a ghost (the skeletal fingers added a particular layer of obscenity).

And yes, of course I cut a small hole in the mouth of the mask so I could drink through a straw (or, as in the photo below, a child's sippy cup shaped like a monkey's head). I am no fool.

It was a rare blessing to have a mask that was not only large enough to contain my enormous head, but also accomodated my glasses so that I didn't have to walk around the whole night squinting through black mesh. Halloween is the one night a year that I regret giving up contacts, but not this time.

That was my Halloween. Hope you had a good one.

5 comments:

Josh said...

I can dig it. I have to admit I miss the comic themed costume but you more than up for it by frightening children. That gets you bonus points in my book.

yanmaneee said...

longchamp handbags
off white shoes
yeezys
yeezy shoes
air max 270
yeezy boost
fila shoes
hermes belt
curry 5 shoes
adidas nmd

thashiez said...

hop over to this web-site this contact form why not find out more bags replica ysl see post louis vuitton replica

Anonymous said...

great site www.dolabuy.ru see this page blog a fantastic read discover here

Unknown said...

you can check here high replica bags read the article dolabuy replica look at here now gucci replica bags